Title: Day Camp Director
Location: Allerton Park & Retreat Center, 515 Old Timber Rd., Monticello, IL 61856
Day Camp Director is responsible for supervising and leading campers and camp staff; creating and planning camp activities; maintaining program records; communicating effectively with parents; planning, organizing and procuring camp supplies; and maintaining a safe and fun camp environment.
Applicants with or working toward a degree in Recreation, Early Childhood Education, or related field preferred. Experience working with youth strongly preferred. Supervisory experience preferred but not required. Successful applicants will be able to maintain a high level of physical activity throughout the summer; resolve conflict effectively; work in various climate conditions in an outdoor environment; and communicate effectively with staff, participants and parents.
- Work ~37.5 hours per week for the entire camp season
- Pass all required background checks
- Be CPR/First Aid certified (or able to become certified before camp begins)
- Complete all required training
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Able to communicate effectively in verbal, written and electronic form
Send letter of interest, resume, and three references to Mindy Brand at firstname.lastname@example.org.