Mark your calendars for Lyric Under the Stars, which will be presented by Lyric Theatre Illinois and Allerton Park & Retreat Center at 6 p.m. on Sept. 22, 23, and 24. With Allerton’s Sunken Garden as the event’s scenic venue, listen to romantic favorites from genres ranging from opera to musical theatre, and enjoy a meal.
The menu will include filet of beef with parmesan horseradish cream sauce, fresh greens, seasonal pasta salad with a light Lambrusco vinaigrette, mini chocolate mousse, and bottled water. For vegetarian options, please email email@example.com.
An online program for this year’s Lyric Under the Stars can be found here.
Tickets go on sale to the public on Aug. 16 at a cost of $60 each. To ensure your attendance, please consider a Table Sponsorship — already on sale — which includes eight seats, dinner and wine for the table, and acknowledgment in the program.
The schedule will include:
• 6 p.m. — Doors open, cash bar available
• 6:30 p.m. — Boxed meals will be served
• 7:30 p.m. — Musical performance begins
A Table Sponsorship is $1,500. A $2,500 Production Sponsorship includes acknowledgment in stage announcements all three nights, a Lyric Theatre gift bag, and a signed production photo, along with the eight tickets, meals, and program acknowledgment.
Table sponsorships are limited and typically sell out quickly. For more information contact:
— Bridget Frerichs, 217-300-3500, Allerton Park & Retreat Center
— David Allen, 217-333-6453, University of Illinois School of Music
— Cheryl Snyder, 217-333-2533 or Bethany Whoric, 217-300-6042, Krannert Center For the Performing Arts
This year, a substantial portion of your sponsorship will go directly to Lyric Theatre, the Krannert Center Lyric Theatre Student Excellence Fund, or Allerton Park and Retreat Center as a tax-deductible donation. Your gift of sponsorship could:
- Bring in renowned guest artists and teachers from around the world
- Help the Center maintain the highest level of production value to ensure that our students, faculty, and staff have continued access to the most advanced media technology and facilities
- Provide workshops and commissions for new, award-winning operas and musical theatre
- Preserve Allerton’s natural beauty and sense of wonder for generations to come
- Support scholarships to allow Lyric Theatre at Illinois to recruit and retain the most talented students – ensuring a diverse cast of performers and sustained competitive advantage.