Virtual! Art & Soul at Allerton
Join us for our first virtual Art & Soul Workshop; a series of classes brought to you by Allerton and Monticello Area Art Council. Take inspiration from the beauty and sculptural simplicity of a single dried leaf. Local artist Belinda Beccue will instruct participants as we explore form, line, texture, and tonal scale.
Look for a dried leaf that you think has an interesting shape from your yard or on a walk. There are many dried leaves in bushes, under trees, or next to building foundations. Pick a leaf that can sit up on a surface by itself. Find one that has some twists and turns—It will be more interesting to draw as a still life object. Many leaves from local trees make beautiful subjects: oak, sycamore, maple, walnut, sweetgum. (It will be stronger if it has dried on its own instead of being pressed.)
Use materials from home:
• No. 2 pencil or mechanical pencil
• Soft eraser of your choice
• 9″ x 12″ or larger white drawing/sketching paper (If you don’t have drawing paper, use a piece of paper from your printer)
Art materials do not have to be fancy to be able to create! This class is for all levels, including beginners. To create is to see the possibilities, solve problems, and have fun expressing yourself. We hope you can join us for an evening exploring art and nature!
Registration is required to participate and is limited to 100 people.
If you register and are no longer interested in this event, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Register for the event using the Zoom webinar link here.
2. Sign up for a free Zoom account and download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/signup
3. Sign into your Zoom account and use the link in the webinar confirmation email to attend the event on April 6 at 7:00pm.
This virtual event is free but donations are accepted to help support the Park and public programs. Make your gift here.
If you have questions please contact our Event Coordinator, Ashley, at firstname.lastname@example.org.