The Simple Palette Presents: Brush Lettering for Beginners
If you’ve been wanting to try your hand at brush lettering & calligraphy, this virtual workshop is the perfect way to get started!
Join us from the comfort of your home for a Brush Lettering for Beginners class taught by Priscilla Putman, local artist & owner of The Simple Palette – a hand lettered paper goods & gifts company!
The ticket price for the virtual class includes 2 hours of live, personalized instruction via Zoom, along with a lettering practice booklet and brush lettering kit mailed to your door – to be used for the class and to keep for every time you letter!
During the class, we’ll start by getting familiar with all the tools in your kit and then begin working through the Brush Lettering for Beginners booklet together!
We’ll learn some basic lettering warm-up “drills”, and then move on through the alphabet together. We’ll conclude the class by learning how to connect letters into words, and spend some time practicing our names, common words, phrases and quotes of your choice! Attendees will be able to practice lettering with a brush pen (marker) as well as learn to letter with watercolor paints and a lettering paintbrush - all included in the kit!
Purchase your tickets here.
Ticket sales will end March 21 at 11:59pm. You must provide a shipping address with your ticket purchase to receive your packet of materials for the workshop.
If you have questions please contact our Event Coordinator, Ashley, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Included with your ticket:
– 2 hours Live instruction via Zoom (Zoom link will be emailed to your confirmation email before the workshop).
– Brush Lettering for Beginners booklet (30+ practice pages)
– Tombow Dual Tip Brush Pen (Black)
– Pentel Aquash Watercolor Travel Paintbrush
– 12 Color Watercolor Travel Set
– Drawing Pencil
– Pink Eraser
– Canvas Zippered Art Case
– 2 pieces of 6×9 watercolor paper to make brush lettered quotes of your own!
A few important notes:
* Your Brush Lettering for Beginners booklet and lettering kit will be shipped to you following the purchase of your ticket, so be sure to include your current address at checkout!
* If you’re wanting to attend with a friend or two, make sure to secure all your tickets right away – tickets for The Simple Palette’s lettering events have previously sold out quickly!
* If purchasing more than one ticket together, please denote if kits are shipping to additional addresses.
About The Simple Palette:
The Simple Palette is a paper goods & gifts company designed for the simple, artful life.
Each one of our greeting cards, notepads, and tea towels begins as an original, watercolor illustration & hand lettered design – all created by owner & artist, Priscilla Putman!
Our small batch paper goods & tea towels are made right here in Illinois, and packaged with care in our little studio!
Every piece is a labor of love, to ensure that gifting with The Simple Palette is a delight for the giver & receiver alike.
You can find The Simple Palette on Facebook and Instagram at @thesimplepalette, where Priscilla shares snippets of her creative process, inspiration for the artful life – and the occasional backyard chicken!
Learn more about The Simple Palette & shop online at www.thesimplepalette.com