Allerton is a wonderful location for birding in Central Illinois! With over 14 miles of trails through the Natural Areas, there are endless opportunities for birding, and more than 210 species have been recorded at Allerton Park. For a list of recent observations click here. Download a pdf of our Birds of Allerton Park booklet here, or your own birding checklist here.
Allerton Park Bird Club – Est. 2019
The Allerton Park Bird Club (APBC) represents and supports the birding community of Allerton Park and Piatt County, IL. The mission of the APBC is:
- To promote observation, enjoyment, and study of birds
- To provide opportunities for birders to become acquainted and to share information and experience.
- To maintain well-documented records of bird sightings in Piatt County
- To support the protection, conservation, and research of birds and their habitats.
- To promote educational opportunities in bird and nature study.
Membership is $20/individual or $40/family. All funds will be used to promote bird education and/or conservation at Allerton Park and/or in Piatt County.
– Free registration to all bird-related hikes into the Allerton Natural Areas
– Free rentals of Bird Club binoculars on a first-come, first-served basis
– Allerton Park Bird Club Sticker
For more information or questions about birding at Allerton, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.