2018 PSMF Weather Updates

9.8.18 | 4pm:
Here are the details for our impromptu event in the Mansion tonight! – The Way Down Wanderers Performance & Marty Stuart Autograph Session
**This event is for those who already have a ticket, we will NOT have tickets for sale at the gate.

–Doors will open at 6:30pm.
–As you arrive in your vehicle, staff will be at the three-way stop to take your tickets and give you a wristband.
–Staff/Volunteers will be outside directing you where to park. You can take a short walk or we will have golf cart shuttles running to the Mansion.
–Cash bar will be open at 6:30pm.
–The Way Down Wanderers will play in the Mansion Gallery from 6:30-8pm. Standing room only.
–Marty Stuart will sign autographs in the Library starting at 7pm. We will have a limited number of Prairie Sky posters, flyers, and Marty will have merchandise for sale – or bring your own favorite items for him to sign.
It was not feasible to ask Marty to perform in the Mansion because of the anticipated larger crowd, but we hope you can come out to enjoy the modern-folk Americana group, The Way Down Wanderers, and have the exclusive chance to meet Marty!

9.8.18 | 3:30pm:
It is with heavy hearts (and “rain” in our eyes) that we write to let you know tonight’s Festival has been cancelled. With standing water around the stage and the saturation of the Festival grounds and parking lot – it is not safe or feasible to move forward.

Thankfully, Marty Stuart has agreed to sign autographs in the Allerton Mansion as a small consolation. Doors will open from 6:30-7:30pm, and autographs will begin at 7:30pm. The bar will be open and we’ll make the most of this rainy situation! We are working out the last-minute details and will be in touch shortly with more info.

Thanks for your patience, and so sorry we couldn’t make this happen!

9.8.18 | 11am:
Due to the current rain and forecast for the afternoon, we have decided to cancel the afternoon performances (12:30-4:30pm). We were hopeful we could delay one-by-one and squeeze some in, but the radar does not look promising, and we hope this will help in your planning/traveling for the day.

We are hopeful the rain will let up at some point in the late afternoon and we will concentrate on getting The Way Down Wanderers on at their regularly scheduled time of 5:15pm, followed by Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives at 7:45pm.

We will be back in touch to provide an update around 3pm.

Think dry thoughts!

9.7.18 | 9pm:
Ah, here we are again. We’re bummed about tonight, but let’s look to the day ahead —
We’ll post here and in the Facebook event by 11am tomorrow to let you know if the 12:30pm performance (Fox Crossing Stringband) will begin as scheduled.

We will continue to send updates throughout the day approximately 1.5 hours before each scheduled performance time (view the lineup schedule here). We will again consult with WAND Meteorologist Adam Del Rosso and our production crew about the probability of moving forward, and communicate that information with you along the way.

We know many are traveling for the Festival, and don’t want you to make an unnecessary trip. But we also want to hold out hope that the notoriously unpredictable Illinois weather will come through and we’ll have clear skies (at least no rain) at some point(s) throughout the day.
Although we know you may be willing to do the Hillbilly Rock in the rain, continuing the show will depend on if our production staff (sound, lights, stage) are able to do their jobs safely throughout the day in order to accommodate evening performances.

Thanks for sticking with us!

9.7.18 | 4pm:
We sincerely regret to inform you that due to the unrelenting rain and rain in the forecast for tonight, we have made the difficult decision to cancel tonight’s performances. Our production staff was becoming concerned about the risk for shock/electrocution, and that is not a risk we are willing to take.

We will continue to monitor tomorrow’s weather and send more updates as we have them.

If you have purchased camping passes and are still interested in coming out, you are welcome. (Bring your rain gear!)

Thanks for your understanding.

9.6.18 | 9pm:
Let’s be honest – it doesn’t look great. But we are not making any premature decisions! We want the show to go on as much as you do, and we will do everything we can to just delay performances and wait it out. (Break out your rain jackets and ponchos!)

However, we do have to consider our musicians’ abilities and comfort level, production and musical equipment, and audience enjoyment. Therefore:

–We’ll be posting details on any delays or cancellations here and on the Facebook event page

–We will make a decision on whether or not to cancel Friday evening’s show by 5pm tomorrow. (Again, we want the show to go on!)

–We will post more updates on Saturday tomorrow as the forecast becomes clearer – but right now we plan to move forward as scheduled and delay/cancel performances throughout the day if needed.

We’re crossing our fingers and hoping Tropical Storm Gordon heads “Way Out West“!