Last week, more than 35 Allerton volunteers gathered in the Visitor Center Auditorium for the Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner to celebrate their accomplishments over the past year, including:
- Leading 74 tours (With an average 15 people per tour, that’s 1, 110 visitors who received a guided tour!)
- Working 126 special event shifts
- Improving the gardens during 94 garden shifts (At 3 hours per shift, that’s 282 hours of garden labor!)
- Welcoming visitors with 343 shifts in the Visitor Center
- Hosting 10 Allerton Allies workdays in the natural areas
Congratulations to Bob Douglas for winning Volunteer of the Year! Bob has been volunteering at Allerton for almost five years, giving his time to improve almost every area of the park: natural areas, formal gardens, tours, and special events. Whether it’s leading groups through the Mansion or making attendees feel welcome at a concert, Bob is the volunteer for the job. We thank Bob for all the time and effort he has given Allerton over these last five years!
And to all of our volunteers: we can’t thank you enough – Allerton would be wilderness without you!